Yahoo, by default, prevents other non-Yahoo apps from accessing your mails. So, first, you will be required to disable this setting on the official website of Yahoo. Doing this, you can easily set Yahoo and Thunderbird on both Mac and Windows computers.
Steps To Configure Mozilla Thunderbird For Yahoo Mail Are:
- Open the secure login page of Yahoo.
- Visit https://login.yahoo.com/account/security?scrumb=qdwntcNeyBy
- Log in using your Yahoo email username and password.
- Switch on the tab named “Allow apps that use the less secure sign in” present in the right bottom corner of the page. Now, you can use Thunderbird with Yahoo.
- Click on the icon of Thunderbird resembling a bluebird on top of a grey globe and open it.
- Click on the “Email” button which is located in the middle of the home page. You will see a pop-up window.
- Click on “Skip this and use my existing mail” option given in the left bottom of the pop-up window.
- Enter your Yahoo email account username and password.
- Click on the “Continue” button visible at the bottom of the window.
- Choose a storage type. IMAP keeps your Yahoo mails in inbox and allowing Thunderbird to sync with Yahoo when you are connected with the internet. POP3 saves your emails on your PC.
- Click on the “Done” button. You will now be signed in to your Yahoo account in Thunderbird. Your PC will start synchronizing Yahoo and Thunderbird.