Do you know that you can read your Yahoo mails using Microsoft outlook with Yahoo! Mail. Yes, it is true but first, you have to configure your Yahoo mail in Outlook. It is not free; you will need to pay for it. Using Microsoft Outlook with Yahoo! Mail is said to be more convenient.
Process To Configure :
- Choose “Email Accounts” in Tools Menu
- Click Add a new email account> “Next”
- Select “POP3” and click “Next”
- Visit “User Information” section
- Type your full name in the given field “Your Name”.
- Enter your email address in the field labeled “Email address”.
- Enter your server name in Incoming mail server (POP3)”. The server name should match your email address. Suppose your email
- Address is [email protected], type in “[email protected] yahoo.com.
- Enter your server name in outgoing mail server (SMTP) also. Again the server name should match your email address. Suppose your
- email address is [email protected], type in “[email protected] yahoo.com.
- When done, go to the “Login information” section and in the field labeled “Username”, enter your current Yahoo! username only (e.g. johnsmith).
- In the field labeled “Password”, enter your current password and check the option “Remember password”.
Step 2: How To Know Your Account Is Working
- Visit “Test Account Settings”, you will be informed about the missing information if any. You have the option to correct it.
- Now visit more settings> General tab> “Mail Account”> enter “Yahoo! Mail”
- “Outgoing Server” tab > “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”. When done, choose “Next” and click “Finish”