How To Create, Configure And Download Gmail Backup
We receive hundreds of emails in our Gmail account in the day. We read some of them, leave unnecessary emails unread and move forward. But there are emails related to banking transaction statements, educational documents and Password information etc. that are very important for any user. You may not only require to read them, but also to save for the future. Because you don’t know when you will lose access to your Gmail account.
You should always keep in mind that the data you store on the internet can get wiped out anytime, so it needs a strong backup to recover it for the future need. Once you will confirm an email client on your PC or desktop, then you can download your emails from google hard drive anytime.
There are Two Methods to Take Gmail & other Google Products Backup
Steps To Back Up Your Gmail Emails:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- At the top right, click on Settings .
- Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP. ( if you unaware how to configure mail forwarding click here)
- Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
- Select option from “When messages are accessed with pop” from drop down of your choice as shown in image above. Its highly recommend to select, keeping Gmail’s copy in the inbox for safety purpose.
- Click Save Changes.
How to configure your mail client
Step To Configure Client
Open your client software to configure (e.g. Microsoft Outlook) and be sure settings are correct. Configure the following settings in your mail client software. if you wondered how to configure gmail with outlook click here
Second Method To Take Backup
Following are the steps to configure your mail client:
- Login to your Gmail Account
- Open Link “https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout”
- Select data to include for Backup from the options as shown in image. Choose the option for Download data
- Select Next Button to proceed further for backup.
- It will show you no. of Products selected.
- Select Customize archive format & delivery method.
- File Types are : .zip, .tgz, .tbz
- Delivery Method: Send download link via email, Add to Google Drive, Add to DropBox, Add to OneDrive
- After selecting File Type & Delivery method of your choice Click on Create Archive blue button.
- Your are done. Google will prepare archive of selected product & deliver you according to Delivery method you selected. It will take some time to prepare Archive.