You can easily update your Garmin maps with Garmin Express for free. I consider this method to be the most convenient. There are just a few simple steps to follow:
- Make sure you have Garmin Express installed on your computer. If you do not have it, then you need to install it.
- Using an appropriate USB data cable, connect the Garmin device to your computer.
- Launch Garmin Express.
- Double click on the Garmin Express icon.
- Choose the desired device or just select “Add a device” on Garmin Express and if your device is not listed then keep following the onscreen prompts.
- The available Garmin map updates will be displayed. Click on “Install all” or “Install” in order to install all the updates.
- As the map update begins, Garmin Express will show you the current update progress. It will display a message of “Updates complete” as the update is finished.