You can update your vivofit by simply using Garmin Express. This procedure is somewhat complicated, but in case you find any problem in hard or soft reset procedure, and since you have already used this software, then this method is likely to work for you. Using Garmin Express for a reset is possible and it is not time specific. What all you need is to just simply follow the below discussed steps. Get more info about Garmin express.
If Garmin Express is not in your system, then it could be a probable cause of the issues in the very first place. However, if you don’t have Garmin Express in your system, that is also fine!
Downloading and Installing Garmin Express
Although you can download Garmin Express for Windows PC as well as Mac OSX, it is necessary to know which device or system you are using, so that you can easily download the right version for your system. If users are unaware of their system types, they need to find this out before starting with the process.
A user needs to visit the below-given link to download and further install the Garmin Express app.
By the time a user reaches the page for download, it usually detects his/her system. In such a case, simply press the button in blue to “Download for” However, if it has not found the device rightly, then a user needs to first choose the link given under the blue button, which will take him to the correct version for his/her computer. When the process of the download is complete, just click the downloaded file to install the Garmin Express on his/her system.
Deleting vivofit Pairing with Garmin Express
If you are already using Garmin Express, then deleting your vivofit from the Garmin Express and thereafter, pairing it back could solve any syncing problem that you face.
Simply follow these steps for deleting your vivofit from Gramin Express. Once you are done with the deleting process, you can pair it back by using Garmin Express.
- Launch Garmin Express.
- Here, on the left-top side of the Gramin Express screen, make sure that your system is displaying your device. In case your system is not displaying the device, you will not be able to remove it.
- On the top right side of the page, press the Device option. It may look greyish, but is still functional and can be clicked.
- Once you are on the page of Device, you are required to click on the Delete Device option available by the side of the device picture.
- When you are done with the above step, you can be able to see a new window on your system.
- Here, you need to select the “Remove” option from the Garmin Connect.
- One done with all the above-mentioned steps, simply select the Confirm option.
Now, a user’s vivofit will get removed from the Garmin Express and he/she is expected to back to the condition of his system and software from the factory.
Adding vivofit to your Garmin Express
Whether a user has used Garmin Express earlier or not, he/she would require this step for adding his system to Garmin Express. For this, a user needs to open the Garmin Express and then have to choose any one from the two below-given options.
Note: A user is not required to choose both the options.
If a user opens the Garmin Express on his computer and he is not having any other system added to Garmin Express, then he would require to click on the “GET STARTED” link.
Press GET STARTED
- Whenever a user sees a prompt on his screen, he/she needs to connect his vivofit with his computer.
- Then the user must select “Add Device” and get it synced to his existing Garmin Connect account.
- If a user opens the Garmin Express on his computer and he sees a previously added device, he will not receive the “GET STARTED” link prompt.
- In such a case, you need to click on the picture of the device; given at the top of the page.
- Next, a drop-down will appear on your screen. Here, you need to click on the option of “Add New Device.”
- Now, simply continue as directed further to add the device to your system.
Sometimes, you may face issues with your vivofit that might require a resetting. For such issues, if you are contacting the Garmin customer support, chances are very high would they would recommend you send them the vivofit device for repair under warranty. However, you can avoid such situations merely by dedicating a few minutes in resetting your vivofit by yourself as around 90% of your vivofit issues can be resolved by just doing a Soft or Hard reset. Maybe, doing a Soft reset would not solve your problems and if this would be the case, you can go for “Hard” reset option. But before doing a Hard reset, keep in mind that it would erase all your data.
Hopefully, the above discussion would save your time as well as money and prevent you from being impatient. In fact, resetting your vivofit device always helps you to avoid issues that you usually face while using the same.