How To Sign up / Register on Hotmail.com?
In this article we would help you with How to sign up / register on Hotmail.com. Hotmail doesn’t exit any more it is changed to outlook.com so if we need to login hotmail we need to login through outlook.Outlook is a Microsoft product and is a personal information manager. It comes as a part of the Microsoft office suite. Though it is mainly an email application it also includes features such as a calendar, contact manager, task manager, journal, note taking and web browsing. You can sign up/register on Hotmail using any email accounts ending in @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @live.com or @msn.com. In this article we will go through the step by step process of how to sign up/register on hotmail.com.
So in order to sign up for the Hotmail:
- Open your internet browser and go to https://login.live.com.
- Here below the “Sign in” tab click on “Create one”. You will be directed to “Create an account” form.
- Fill in the details like first name, last name, gender, birth date, Microsoft account name and desired username. Make sure that the username you entered is unique. You can pick up a username suggested by the Microsoft.
- In the textbox ‘Create a password’, type the desired password for your outlook account. Keep the password easy to remember. You have to use this password every time you sign in to hotmail.
- Re-enter the password you entered in the above textbox. Make sure that you choose one or more ways to recover your outlook account so that you can easily recover your account in case you forgot your password.
- Enter your correct and active mobile number in the ‘Phone Number’ text box.
- Provide an alternative email in the required field.
- You have to set up a security question and answer for account recovery.
- Choose the security question from the list. Enter the answer in the ‘Answer’ tab.
- Choose your location in the Country/region and ZIP code text box.
- You will be provided with the CAPTCHA to make them sure that you’re a human and not a robot. Enter the CAPTCHA correctly in the textbox and click on ‘I accept’.
- You can now access your hotmail account on web or you can configure it for your Android or iOS device.
How To Set Up hotmail for Android
Sending and receiving email via outlook is easier than ever. Outlook is now available in the Android application. You can download the application from the Google Play Store.
To register on hotmail on your Android device follow the given steps.
- Launch the Outlook app on your device.
- Go to the ‘Add Account’ page and there, enter your email address. Tap on ‘continue’. In most of the android devices, the Outlook automatically detects your email provider and configure the account.
- Choose your email provider from the list if you’re asked to select the email provider from the list.
- For example, if you’re having a Hotmail email address then choose Hotmail.
- Enter the password in the required text box and tap on ‘sign in’ to connect your account to Outlook. You will be asked to enter the name and description to the account. You can add any name and description as per your choice.
- In case you’re asked to enter the additional information like server settings, then you will be needing this information from the email provider.
- The Outlook will ask for your permission to access certain information like your contacts, calendar, etc. Tap on ‘yes’ if you allow the Outlook to look into your contacts and calendar. Tap on ‘Activate’ if your organisation has set up any privacy policies for you.
- Your Outlook for Android is now ready to use.
How To Set Up Outlook for iOS?
You can handle your emails using your iPhone and iPad. Outlook is available in an application version for the iOS devices. If you have an iOS device with iOS 8.0 or higher, then you can definitely set up your Outlook for your iOS device. It is very easy to register on hotmail on iOS devices. You just have to follow the below mentioned steps to Sign-Up for hotmail on iOS app.
- Launch the Outlook for iOS.
- Tap on Settings>Add Account>Add Email Account.
- Enter your email address in the required field. Make sure that the email id you’re entering is correct and functional.
- Click on ‘Add Account’.
- Select your email provider from the list given below. If you’re not able to see your email provider in the list, tap on ‘IMAP’.
- Enter the password for your email address and tap on ‘Sign in’. You’ll be also asked to enter a name and description for your account. You can choose the name and description as per your choice.
- Outlook configures the email account automatically. in case it asks you for the server settings, you need to contact your email provider for the settings.
- Outlook will ask your permission to access some of your iPhone features like contacts and calendar. Agree to give permission if you want Outlook to go through your contacts and calendar.
- If you’ve entered the details right, you’ll be logged in to your Outlook account. Your Outlook for iOS is ready to use.