Sometimes, we face the problem of not being able to sign-in to our own Netflix account because someone else is trying to access it. This problem is caused when you forget to sign out of your account after accessing it from someone else’s device, and then they are trying to access it without your permission.
However, this issue can be easily resolved by removing your account from other devices. So, how to do that? You can easily remove your account from other devices by deactivating your account. But just remember a few points before you try to deactivate your Netflix account :
- The account can only be deactivated using a web browser and iOS., Android & smart TV apps can’t help you to deactivate your account.
- When you deactivate your account, you must sign out from all your devices and have to login again in all your devices.
Follow the steps given below to deactivate your Netflix account :
- Sign in to your Netflix account from your web browser
- Go to the icon with your profile image and in the drop-down menu click ‘My Account’
- Under the ‘Settings’, click ‘Sign out of all devices’
- Click on ‘Sign Out’ to confirm your choice
Once signed out, you can sign in to your account in all your devices again as per your choice.
If you still face the issue after following the instructions in this article, contact Netflix customer support service and talk with experts to resolve your problems.