The automotive devices utilize the Bluetooth technology to connect to Smartphone Link on the mobile device.
However, the technical issues are inescapable. Any glitch in Bluetooth connection with Smartphone Link can give rise to any one of the following difficulties:
- The problem in establishing a connection of Smartphone Link to the mobile phone.
- Smartphone Link crashes on the mobile device.
- Trouble in accessing In-app purchases such as PhotoLive and Traffic on the automotive device or phone.
If the Smartphone Link is not functioning properly on the Automotive device, ensure the compatibility of the device with Smartphone Link at first. Check Smartphone Link Availability and Compatibility here.
If your device is compatible, you can resolve other issues by following the given below stepwise instructions:
- With the help of Garmin Express, you can update the software of your Automotive unit.
- Also, it is recommended to have the latest software on the mobile phone. To know how to update it, consult the owner’s manual of your phone.
- It is essential to use the latest version of Smartphone Link. Android user can download the updates via Google Play.
Delete all pairing history
- On the automotive device, clear all the pairing history. Now, the phone will establish a new Bluetooth connection between the two devices.
- Steps to clear pairing history may vary in different make/model of phones. In case, you are not aware of the procedure to clear the history, consult the manual of your device.
Android phone owners follow the given below steps to clear the pairing history:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ of your mobile.
- Select ‘Bluetooth’ from the list.
- Tap on the gear icon which is next to the listed automotive device.
- Select the option ‘Unpair/Forget’.
When the clearing of pair history will complete, pair your device and phone once again. To know pairing steps, refer to the owner’s manual of your specific automotive device.
Force close the Smartphone Link
- In case, the Smartphone Link is running the background, it is essential to force close the application first and reopen to begin a fresh connection.
- The force closing steps of the application may vary as per the make/model of your Android phone. If you are not aware of the steps, reboot your phone. This is the easiest way to accomplish it.
Toggle the Bluetooth on your Android device:
- On your Android phone, open the Settings option.
- Tap on the Off icon next to Bluetooth. This will turn the Bluetooth off.
- Now touch that button again and consequently, the Bluetooth will turn back on.
Alternate pairing is initiated
- For proper functionality, it may be preferable to be an active or passive party in the procedure of pairing depending on your mobile phone.
- In case, you have initiated the pairing originally from the automotive device, try initiating it from the mobile device or vice versa.
If still, you are facing problem then quickly contact Garmin Tech Support for assistance.