In order to retrieve your messages, the Yahoo messenger conversations should have archive option enabled.
Further, you need to continue with the steps given below –
- Log in to your Yahoo mobile messenger from your device.
- Click on the “Menu” option on the main menu screen of the Yahoo! Messenger.
- Scroll down and click on “Preferences”.
- Click on “Archive”, and make sure that the option is enabled on your cell phone. There, you will find the options including – “Yes, save all of my messages, but clear them each time I sign out” (default setting), “Yes, save all of my messages” and “No, do not save any of my messages”. If anyone of first or second option is not enabled or selected, it will not be possible to view your past message history since your device won’t have saved any conversation. If the second option was enabled previously, proceed with our next step. Else, enable one of the first 2 options to get archived configurations in the future.
- Get back to the main menu of the Yahoo! Messenger.
- Choose “Contacts” in this menu.
- Select the option of “Message Archives”. A contacts list will appear, with archived messages and each contact sorted by date.
- Scroll down to the conversation which you want to view and click on that date. This will show up the archived Yahoo! Messenger conversation that contact has.